Lawn Booking System
Members can book sessions on the lawns by using our Lawn Booking System
To access the system click the following link:
You will be asked to log on. To do this enter either your name (with capitals e.g. Mary Smith) or your email address and your password (passwords have to contain letters, numbers and special
Then press the “Log in” button. You can change the password by clicking the
“Users” button on the following screen.
You will be presented with the screen for today’s lawn bookings. Two matches can be booked on the same lawn at the same time - but these must
either both be Association Croquet matches or both Golf Croquet matches. Also it shows the
weather forecast on the left hand side which can be expanded by clicking at the appropriate
time of day.
Bookings can be made up to 14 days in advance but if you have a special requirement beyond
that contact Jim Carden.
Booking a Match
If you want to book a match (either a singles match or a doubles match) only one of you needs to make the booking. This is done as follows:-
- First select the date you want to book. To get to the day you want either use the horizontal arrows at each side of the “Today” button to move from day to day or date beside the “Go to” button which will bring up a calendar from which you can select your desired day.
- Click on your planned start time on your preferred lawn and your preferred colours. A new window will appear.
- In the “Brief description” section within the new window enter the details of who will be playing (for example “Mary v Jack” ). Add anything further about the booking in the “Full Description” section. The information in the Brief Description will show up in the booking itself but that in the Full Description only shows if someone hovers their mouse over the booking.
- The “Start” should be your desired time but you can change it by clicking the drop down menu if necessary.
- The “End” will be set for a three hour match but you can change it by clicking the drop down menu if necessary.
- The “Lawns” section will conform that you have selected Lawn 1 Primary colours (Lawn 1p), Lawn 1 Secondary Colours (Lawn 1s) etc. But you can alter this to highlight a different lawn and colour if necessary
- Set the match to either Golf Croquet or Association Croquet by clicking the drop down menu under “Type”. It is very important that this choice is made because the system will not allow a Golf Croquet match to be played on the same lawn at the same time as an Association Croquet match.
- Do NOT press the “Allow Registration” Box.
- Click the “Save” button at the foot of the screen to return to the “Lawn” page.
- Log off by clicking the “Log off” button at the top right of the screen. To remove a booking you have made just click on it and then click on the “Delete entry” button on the window which appears.
Registering to Join a Club Session or Open Session
The Club Sessions are already scheduled regularly in the booking system and Open Sessions may be scheduled from time to time by other members. If you want to register for one of them the process is slightly different:-
There are ASSOCIATION CROQUET (AC) CLUB SESSIONs on Monday mornings, Wednesday afternoons and Saturday afternoons and GOLF CROQUET (GC) CLUB SESSIONs on Thursday afternoons and Sundays. You will see that all three lawns are covered but the leftmost session (Lawn 1p (i.e. Lawn 1 with primary colours)) has a white triangle in the top left and either a yellow triangle (Golf Croquet) or green triangle (Association Croquet) in the bottom right.
- Find the date of the session you want to attend as described for making other bookings.
- Click on the leftmost (Lawn 1p) block of the session you want to attend. The names of members already playing in that session are listed. All lawns and colours will be available on the day so you do not need to select any specific matches or opponents when booking. A new window will appear.
- The window will show the maximum number of members which can be signed up for the session using the Lawn Booking System. It will normally be 24 (8 players on each lawn playing doubles). It will also show the number of members currently registered to play.
- To add your name just click the “Register” button.
- Your name will now appear on the list of members playing in the session.
- If you would like to check your entry you can return to the “Lawn” page by clicking the “Go to” button near the top of the screen. You can register other members who want to play in the session by going through the same procedure but then clicking the name of the member in the drop down menu beside the “Name” button, and then clicking “Register” button.
- You can remove your name from a session by following the same procedure and then clicking the “Delete” button to the left of your name.
- Log off by clicking the “Log off” button.
Setting up an Open Session
If you do want to set up a session yourself where you would welcome other to join if they wish you can do this in much the same way as booking a match on lawn 1 with Primary Colours as follows:-
- Follow the instructions to the point that you have selected either Golf Croquet or Association Croquet but in the Brief Description Box enter “OPEN SESSION”
- Tick the box which says “Allow Registration” – the “Set Event Capacity” box will darken.
- If you would like to reserve one lawn then toggle the “Even Capacity” Box to 8. If you want to reserve 2 lawns toggle the “Event Capacity” Box to 16. If you want to reserve 3 lawns toggle the “Event Capacity” Box to 24.
- Continue to save the booking as in Booking a Match.
- You must now block-off the other lawns and colours for the duration of the Open Session. The process for this is identical to booking a match but again in the Brief Description Box you should enter “OPEN SESSION”. If you would like to reserve one lawn then do this for Lawn 1 Secondary Colours. If you want to reserve 2 lawns also do it for Lawn 2 Primary and Secondary Colours. If you want to reserve 3 lawns also do it for lawn 3 Primary and Secondary Colours.